Sunday, November 6, 2011

Finally Some Land!

After a busy few days, I've finally had a chance to mix some sandy land coloured paint and commit it to the canvas. Risky when I'm so pleased with the painting so far! 
I began by pencilling in some of the form, trying to pick out the most obvious features. The rocky coastline builds up to a few buildings and is very arid with areas of trees and bushes. To start with I've mixed yellow ochre with white and allowed this to mix with the grey pencil to show some shadow and form on the background.


Took a while to loosen up and just enjoy it wanting it to fit in well with the surrounding sea. The paint, style, form of the distant buildings, land and vegetation started to take shape as I've just relaxed and it's flowed. I do find working quickly helps. Seems to stop it looking too controlled and contrived.
I'm happy so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment