Sunday, April 21, 2013

Abigail, Josiah & the Daffodil...

Decided at the very last minute (last night at 6pm) to give my sister-in-law a painting of her children for her 30th (today) ! Bearing in mind I went out for a curry at 8pm I spent another 2-3 hours on it this morning.

Was great to start it in the garden, in the bright sunshine, until the sun moved round, and I had to go in and put the heating on!! It is still April after all...



I wanted it to be quite an informal (and fast!) applying first the sketch in pastels, and then blending with acrylics.

Capturing the likeness and personalities of children is wonderful when it happens, but I did put myself under  pressure as I wanted my brother & his wife to love it, and to recognise them both immediately - and that doesn't always happen quickly!








After a few panics and considering buying some flowers instead... I am pleased with the result.

I think she was too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment